As far as Nigeria is concerned, owning modern houses is considered a symbol of success because you tend to be financially secured. There are many things to put into consideration when building modern houses especially in metro cities like Lagos, Abuja, and Portharcourt.
Most times people overlook certain factors when building homes forgetting that there is a lot of things that go into building your own modern house, even though you have the funds.
IMPORTANT THINGS TO CONSIDER BEFORE BUILDING MODERN HOUSES IN NIGERIA
So you have bought that plot of land in a prestigious location…great! But you are not too sure of things you need to put in place even after you have done your due diligence. You will be overwhelmed by the insight Thinkmint Nigeria is about to provide you with.
- Size of your family: This plays a very important role before building your dream home. Think about the life of your family considering the numbers, hobbies, talents, etc. If you have a family that has an interest in research, you might want to set aside a room for the library; if sports, then you need a bigger surrounding. In addition, do not forget the number of rooms you need to have, do you need to have more than one ensuite?. Although, your budget and land size determine the space of your house.
- Lifestyle: This is another factor to consider, your manner of living. Are you the type that prefers to have some elements of greenery around you?. Also, consider your interest as well as your family, what makes your family happy. Whatever makes them happy needs to be integrated with your dream home.
- Design: The design of your dream home is something you should not joke with. There are many modern house designs recently. Ensure you choose the one that suits you without forgetting that it has to be modern. It is vital to also consider that the approved layout plan determines your design. To avoid having hassles with the government, it is better to build your building to suit the approved building plan.
- Your budget: This determines a great deal how far your project will go. It is crucial to have a clear idea of what you are about to finance. Make a want needs as this will help in determining your opportunity cost. Doing this aids your decision-making. Also read: How to secure a mortgage in Nigeria
- Stand position: We overlook this factor a lot in Nigeria, taking the direction of the sun into consideration. Rooms facing the south are known to be cooler. However, any rooms or windows facing the west stand a chance to experience intense afternoon sun.
- Purpose room: Setting out a room for a specific purpose such as office, library, gym, a pantry e.tc. Depending on your lifestyle, define a purpose you want the extra room to serve and include it in your plan.
Building modern houses or homes in Nigeria is a huge undertaking because of the work that needs to be done. It is one of the greatest achievements one would ever have.